Password is an American television game show in which two teams, each consisting of a celebrity player and a contestant, attempt to say mysterious words to each other using only one-word clues to win cash prizes. The show was created by Bob Stewart and originally produced by Mark Goodson-Bill Todman Productions. It aired on CBS from 1961 to 1967 and on ABC from 1971 to 1975.
|Created by||Bob Stewart|
|Directed by||Lou Tedesco (1961–67)|
Mike Gargiulo (1961–67)
Stuart W. Phelps (1971–75)
Ira Skutch (1971–75)
Tony McCuin (2022)
|Presented by||Allen Ludden|
|Narrated by||Jack Clark|
A. D. Miles
|Theme music composer||Kurt Rehfeld (1961–63)|
Bob Cobert (1963–67)
Score Productions (1971–75)
James Poyser (2022)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5 (ABC)|
|No. of episodes||1,555 (CBS Daytime)|
201 (CBS Primetime)
|Executive producers||Frank Wayne (1961–75)|
Jimmy Fallon (2022)
John Quinn (2022)
Jim Juvonen (2022)
|Producer||Howard Felsher (1971–75)|
|Production locations||CBS Studio 52|
New York, New York (1961–66)
CBS Television City
Los Angeles, California (1962–67)
CBS Studio 50
New York, New York (1966–67)
ABC Television Center
Los Angeles, California (1971–75)
Vine Street Theatre
Los Angeles, California (1971–75)
Universal Studios Lot
Universal City, California (2022)
|Running time||22–23 minutes (1961–75)|
25–26 minutes (1962–67; primetime)
43 minutes (2022)
|Production companies||Mark Goodson-Bill Todman Productions (1961–75)|
Universal Television Alternative Studio (2022)
Electric Hot Dog (2022)
|Original network||CBS (1961–67)|
|Original release||October 2, 1961 –|
|Followed by||Password Plus (1979–82)|
NBC Password season 2 – 2023 auditions
The original host was Allen Ludden, previously known as the host of the G.College Bowl. The show was revived on NBC in 2022 with Keke Palmer hosting and starring Jimmy Fallon. NBC greenlit a new version of The Fremantle Show with current Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon as executive producer on May 17, 2021, during the launch of NBCUniversal. This is the third version of the show to air on the same network On April 2022, it was reported that Keke Palmer would be the host and the show would open in the summer, later than August 9 stated.
The first episode was dedicated to Betty White. The gameplay is identical to the 1961–74 version except the games are best two of three. Six points are awarded for guessing the password on the first clue, and fifteen points are required to win. a match. If an illegal clue is given, the opposing team gets two points. The third game is a tiebreak round featuring Password Plus Password Puzzles and Super Password, in which each password becomes one of five clues. however, the answer loses the puzzle for the opponent.
Eligibility criteria & Requirements for NBC Password auditions
The following are the eligibility requirements for the television series currently entitled “Password” (the “Series”) & thus prior to applying for the password application 2023, you need to meet the following criteria :
- I am a legal resident of the United States and am at least 18 years of age (or at least the age of majority in my state of domicile if older).
- I am not a candidate for elected office and agree that I will not become a candidate until at least one (1) year after the initial exhibition of the last episode of the Series in which I appear.
- I have not been convicted of a felony in the previous ten (10) years (unless expunged).
- Producer and Network reserve the right to render ineligible any person who either of them determines, in their sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production, administration, judging, or distribution of the Series, such that his/her participation in the Program could create the appearance of impropriety.
In making this decision, Producer and Network may consider whether you are, or know, or have known anyone who is, or has been within the last two (2) years, an employee, officer, director, or agent of any of the following :
- Producer or any other person or entity involved in the development, production, distribution, or other exploitation of the Series or any variation thereof;
- NBCUniversal Media, LLC or any of its parent, subsidiary, or affiliated entities, including, without limitation, its broadcast networks, and studios, cable networks and studios, film businesses, digital businesses, parks, and resorts (collectively, “NBCUniversal”) (for more information about NBC Universal businesses, please visit http://corporate.comcast.com [corporate.comcast.com] or http://www.nbcuni.com [nbcuni.com]).
- Any sponsor of the Series or its advertising agency or
- Any person or entity supplying goods, services, or prizes (as applicable) to the Series.
How to apply for Password application
To apply for the NBC password audition 2023, the applications are available at the official website. The link will be made available very soon. Till then stay tuned.
Questions asked in NBC Password application 2023
If you are going to apply for NBC Password Applications for Season 2 auditions, there are some questions that need to be prepared for applying the promise casting call as the casting application requires single sitting application submission. Here are the main questions that are asked for Password applications 2023 :
- Have you already spoken to someone on the Password Casting Team?
- 3 fun facts about yourself that describe your personality!
- Tell us something about yourself that you can’t tell just by looking at you.
- Are you a risk taker? Why or why not?
- Why do you think you would be great on Password? Are you a fan of the original show?
- How would win a significant amount of money IMPACT your life? Please explain.
- How did you hear about casting?
- Are you currently being considered for any other game show or reality program?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
If YES, please give details and dates, including city/state, the charge you were convicted of, any sentence or other disposition
- Have you ever had a temporary restraining order issued against you or has anyone ever attempted to obtain a temporary restraining order against you?
- If YES, please give details and dates, including, without limitation, date(s), place(s), name of party seeking the temporary restraining order, and relationship of such party to you, and description of the basis upon which the temporary restraining order was sought, whether it was issued, and basis upon which it was issued